In this romantic adventure of the late 50’s, the exquisite Sophia Loren plays Phaedra, a poor sponge diver on the island of Hydra. While diving, she discovers an ancient brass and gold stature of a boy riding a dolphin, which is said to have the magical power to grant wishes. Her boyfriend wants to sell the statue to a rich art collector but Phaedra gets in his way as she wishes for the statue to be returned to the Greek government.
The movie is set on summery Greece, a place witch matches perfectly with Loren’s mediterranean beauty. Her fiery personality along with the dynamic role she plays makes her simply irresistible. Either wild or delicate, wet or dry, she is and has always been a genuine symbol of beauty.
shop the style
1. Light Blue Shirt Dress, 24.95 EUR, H&M
2. Multi-strap Leather Sandals, 205 EUR, K JACQUES ST TROPEZ, net-a-porter.com
3. Neon Embroidered Belt, 3.99 EUR, ZARA
4. Straw Pork Pie Hat, 9 EUR, TOPSHOP, Sotris
5. Metallic Bracelets, 4.95 EUR, H&M
1. Belted Voile Shirt Dress, 87 EUR, SPLENDID, net-a-porter.com
2. Multi Colored Scarf, 19.95 EUR, H&M
3. Golden Necklace, 5.95 EUR, H&M
4. Black Leather Ballerinas, H&M
5. Black Cat-eye Sunglasses, 7.95 EUR, H&M