The anniversary album of the sporty fashion label casts a new light on the brand.
Text: Yiota Dendrinou
10 years have passed by, since fashion designer Yohji Yamamoto collaborated with Adidas and the fashion brand Y-3 was created. To celebrate this, Adidas created a 14–track anniversary compilation that includes some of the most innovative electronic music producers, who represent best the dark disco sound today.
Y-3 was the first athletic wear, which blurred the lines between sportswear and style, so the anniversary compilation manages, in the same way, to find the perfect balance between “dance music icons as well as fresh faces from the world of underground house and disco”.
Here is the full list of the songs:
1. Frank Wiedemann – Moorthon (Y-3 Version)
2. Blackjoy – Soubise
3. Maurice Fulton – Asteroids Playing Ping Pong
4. Mano Le Tough – Being Yourself
5. Rub-n-Tug – JUG
6. Daniel Wang+ Jules Etienne – Rondo para Tercera Luna de Ypsilon
7. Lord of the Isles – Swell
8. Tokyo Black Star – X
9. Joaquin Joe Claussell presents Teenage Music – Storm
10. Larry Heard – Three Spheres
11. Discodromo & Massimiliano Pagliara – La Luna Nera
12. Jiro Amimoto – Pianos
13. Quiet Village – Sing That Song (You Know Who You Are)
14. Kaoru Inoue – Sunset over Yaeyama”
You can listen to the compilation here.